Tuesday 30 September 2014

Music Tech Fest Hackathon

I attended the brilliant music tech fest hackathon! As well as getting to hang around for over 24 hours with an amazing group of talented techies, I got to see some of the awe inspiring creations and developments in the music tech world. I had a blast and even won a spot prize for my creation in the hack, the bendigorn. This can be seen in this vid!

 I made the flex sensors following this tutorial but added my own touches to make them work for me such as anti-static foam in between the copper tape pieces, and reducing the size and length.

They worked well and I ran them into Max/MSP to trigger some MIDI notes and then to modulate the pitch of those MIDI notes with the pitch bend.

Each of the 10 (only 9 actually worked :S) sensors gave of reading from 200 up to 500 in integers values.

I want to expand this in the future to create a digital grass!


No comments:

Post a Comment